October 28, 2015
Mortgage Consumer Habits
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) recently released its Mortgage Consumer Survey* that revealed, among other findings, that the services of mortgage brokers are becoming more in demand.
The CMHC survey tallied mortgage broker market share by segment and found:
- First-time and repeat homebuyers are twice as likely to use the services of a broker than homeowners who are renewing or refinancing (49 percent versus 24 percent).
- Mortgage broker market share is trending upwards for most market segments, especially among repeat buyers, where broker market share increased from 32 percent in 2012 to 42 percent in 2015.
- Mortgage brokers are especially popular among first-time buyers, with broker market share reaching 55 percent in 2015 compared to 48 percent in 2014.
- Broker share among renewers has remained stable at around 21 percent.
Looking further into the habits of mortgage renewers, the survey found:
- 60 percent renewed before the scheduled date, mostly to avoid a perceived increase in rates.
- 49 percent are striving to pay off their mortgage sooner by having their mortgage payment set higher than the minimum required payment, while 32 percent have either made a lump-sum payment or increased their regular payment – or both – since last renewing their mortgage.
October 28, 2015
I have sold a property at 38 2315 198 ST in Langley
I have sold a property at 38 2315 198 ST in Langley.
Step in and feel at home! This 2 BR 2 bath Columbia model features spacious living/dining room, off set gas fireplace, step saver kitchen with pantry and meal bar. Updates include den/sunroom with access to deck, double shower in main bath, 2 piece ensuite & walk-in closet in Master, roomy guest bedroom, balance bars in most rooms. Exterior feature include large patio, hobby shed with power, mature easy care garden. Park amenities include club house & recreation, transit is steps away, groceries, pub, coffee shop and gas bar minutes away. This lifestyle is for those 45+, a small pet is also welcome. Read fast, this won't last!
October 21, 2015
Keep Your Home Selling Like Roses
From, Bjorn Rygg, Pillar to Post
Pet odors, smelly shoes, burned food in the kitchen - no need to run out and buy air freshener. There are plenty of deodorizers you already have around the house that can do the job - naturally!
1. Deodorize a dirty disposal with orange peels. Next time you eat an orange, just drop the peel down the sink and turn on the disposal. Citrus rinds contain fragrant essential oils and potent antiseptic and astringent properties that kill odor-causing germs.
2. Send pet odors packing with baking soda. Technically, it is sodium bicarbonate that absorbs odors from both surfaces and air. Simply sprinkle a little on rugs, couches, pet beds and other spots favored by your pooch or feline. Let sit for several hours or overnight, so it can work magic. Remove the powder with a vacuum and all that remains is fresh scent.
3. Say so long to smoke smells. Cigarette odors are tough but white vinegar is tougher! Pour vinegar in a few soup bowls and set around the smoke-scented room - the next day, the smoky stench should be gone. Also smart: Moisten an old towel with vinegar and wave through the room.
4. Zap microwave odors Did you heat your popcorn a little too long, and now the burning smell will not go away? Here is a sweet-smelling solution: Combine 1 tsp. vanilla extract with two cups water in a microwave-safe bowl, then heat on high for five minutes. Vanilla extract is a natural deodorizer that will take away the scorched stench - and replace it with the delicious aroma of just-baked goods.
October 21, 2015
New property listed in Walnut Grove, Langley
I have listed a new property at 55 9080 198 ST in Langley.
Is mobility a challenge? If yes, this home could be for you! Features include ramp to covered deck, double door entry, engineered hardwood in kitchen, roller shelves in cabinets, step thru jetted tub in bath. Updates also include Maple cabinets in kitchen, stainless appliances, microwave convection, wall oven, cooktop, in home washer/dryer, A/C, skylights thruout. Spacious, open floor plan, MBR will easily accommodate K/S bed, 2nd BR ideal guest or hobby size. A view over green space, nice location in park, great amenities, central Walnut Grove location, all combine to make this home a pleasure to show, worth seeing soon! This gated community is for those 55+ and 1 small pet welcome. Call soon or this good buy will soon be good bye!
October 16, 2015
I have sold a property at 22 9080 198 ST in Langley
I have sold a property at 22 9080 198 ST in Langley.
Happiness is affordability! Just the room you need, this 2 BR 2 bath home offers a great floor plan and is move in ready, just bring your stuff! Totally remodelled, updates include hardwood & tile flooring, new electrical, new bathrooms, new counters, s/s appliances, vinyl windows, new deck and railings....new, new, new! Other features include covered storage and fenced yard space. This delightful home is located in a park like 55+ gated community, amenities include walking trails, doggy park, clubhouse, RV and visitor parking. Close to shops, transit and all that Walnut Grove has to offer, call soon or this good buy will soon be good bye!
October 14, 2015
What is Mold
From, Bjorn Rygg, Pillar to Post
Molds are organisms which are neither plant nor animal. They are part of the fungi kingdom.
Unlike plants, molds do not get their energy from the sun through photosynthesis. In fact, the sun’s ultraviolet light inhibits mold growth.
Molds also digest or “eat” the material they are growing on. The role of mold is to break down decaying organic matter such as dead plants, leaves or dead animals.
Types of Health Symptoms from Mold
There are three main types of symptoms mold can cause:
Allergic and irritant symptoms, toxic symptoms or even infections.
Mold Removal Products
There are several products you can use to kill and remove mold. Some of the most effective mold removal products include: Bleach, Borax, Vinegar, Ammonia, Hydrogen peroxide, Detergent, Baking soda, Tea tree oil, or Grapefruit seed extract.
October 8, 2015
Seller's market continues for single family detached and townhomes in Fraser Valley
Source: Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
SURREY, BC – Property sales in the Fraser Valley remained strong in September, consistent with the near-record setting pace of the last six months.
The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board processed 1,727 sales, an increase of 22 per cent compared to 1,419 sales during September of last year. Last month’s sales were on par with September 2005 and second to September’s all-time high for sales in 1992.
Jorda Maisey is the Board’s President. “Sales remain brisk depending on the property type and location. We’re continuing to see many family homes that are priced right receive multiple offers and sell in a matter of days. People actively looking for a home will already know that in some communities, selection is very tight.
“In Langley where I live and work, we have less than two months supply of single family homes and townhomes, which means buyers and their REALTORS® have to be informed, prepared and have a strategy.”
In September, the total number of active listings in the Fraser Valley was 7,122. This represents a 4 per cent decrease compared to August and a 22 per cent decrease compared to September of last year. For September, this is the lowest inventory levels have been since 2006.
Maisey adds, “Where we have the best selection currently is within our Fraser Valley condo market. That market is currently in balanced conditions. In most communities, buyers have a healthy choice of both new and resale units and steady sales over the last few months have led to modest increases in prices, which is good news for sellers.”
The MLS® Home Price Index benchmark price of a detached home in September was $639,500, an increase of 12.2 per cent compared to September of last year when it was $569,800. The MLS® HPI benchmark price of Fraser Valley townhouses increased 3.1 per cent going from $299,600 in September of last year to $308,900 last month. The benchmark price of apartments was $197,500, an increase of 2.0 per cent compared to $193,600 in September 2014.
Maisey adds, “Our market this year has reflected consumers’ confidence in the economy and in the Fraser Valley. We have amongst the most affordable real estate in the Lower Mainland in some of the fastest-growing, dynamic communities in BC. It’s a smart place to invest.”
Find the September Statistics Package here.
Categories: Abbotsford East, Abbotsford Real Estate
| Abbotsford West, Abbotsford Real Estate
| Agassiz, Agassiz Real Estate
| Aldergrove Langley, Langley Real Estate
| Bear Creek Green Timbers, Surrey Real Estate
| Bolivar Heights, North Surrey Real Estate
| Brookswood Langley, Langley Real Estate
| Canyon Springs, Coquitlam Real Estate
| Clayton, Cloverdale Real Estate
| Cloverdale BC, Cloverdale Real Estate
| Coquitlam East, Coquitlam Real Estate
| Downtown NW, New Westminster Real Estate
| First Time Home Buyers
| Fleetwood Tynehead, Surrey Real Estate
| Fraser Valley News
| Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
| Garages, Home Staging
| Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board
| Guest Blog
| Guildford, North Surrey Real Estate
| Home Improvment
| Home Inspection
| Home Organization
| Home Organization, Tips
| Home Owner
| Home Owners
| Home Renovations
| Homes Staging
| Homes, Outdoor
| Just Listed
| King George Corridor, South Surrey White Rock Real Estate
| Langley City, Langley Real Estate
| Langley Real Estate, Forest Green Estates
| Market News
| Mission BC, Mission Real Estate
| Mortgages, Tips
| Murrayville, Langley Real Estate
| Open House
| Otter District, Langley Real Estate
| Panorama Ridge, Surrey Real Estate
| Pillar to Post
| Pillar to Post, Guest Blog, Lighting
| Pillar to Post, Guest Blog, Summer
| RE/MAX of Western Canada
| Real Estate News
| Salmon River, Langley Real Estate
| Scottsdale, N. Delta Real Estate
| Search for homes
| Selling, Tips, Open House
| Statistics, FVREB
| Sullivan Station, Surrey Real Estate
| Swimming Pools
| Walnut Grove, Langley Real Estate
| White Rock, South Surrey White Rock Real Estate
| Willoughby Heights, Langley Real Estate