March 29, 2014
New property listed in Langley City, Langley
Categories:Langley City, Langley Real Estate
I have listed a new property at 4950 196 ST in Langley.
Park like setting, literally! This beautifully maintained 3 BR 2 bath ranch style home is located on a no exit street, directly across from Hi Knoll Park. Features include spacious tiled entry, walnut hardwood flooring, party size living/diningroom with f/c rock fireplace, family room with access to custom brick patio, open plan kitchen with loads of cabinets, eating area with bay window. Generously sized Mbdrm has sliders to patio, walk-in closet; laundryroom offers large storage area and access to oversize garage. RV parking will accommodate "toys"; grounds are immaculate and have been chosen for City Garden contest numerous times. A pleasure to show, call soon or this good buy will soon be good bye!
March 24, 2014
Why RE/MAX Agents Are The Most Productive in Canada
Source: RE/MAX of Western Canada
Did you know that in 2013 RE/MAX agents helped over 324,000 families move in to their homes.
Watch the video to see why RE/MAX agents are the most productive in Canada.
March 21, 2014
Spring Has Sprung Giveaway!
>>>THIS CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED<<<
I'm so excited that spring has arrived! The flowers are blooming, the weather is warmer and it's usually the time where everyone begins "spring cleaning". From de-cluttering to home renovation projects, why not get a little help from me!
To celebrate the season of spring, I'm having a giveaway!
1 lucky winner will receive a $200.00 HomeSense Gift Card!
All you need to do to enter is submit your Name and Email, that's it!
Don't worry, the information I collect is used solely by me and strictly for the purposes of collecting entries for this giveaway. I never release the information entrusted to me to anyone without authorization.
Thank you so much for stopping by, for your comments and your continued support!
>>>Click on the link to enter: Spring Has Sprung Giveaway!<<<
March 20, 2014
6 Things to Remember in a Power Outage
Source: Blue Crest Electric Ltd.
1. Check to see if the power outage is isolated to your home or if your neighbors are also affected. If the power outage is also affecting your neighbor's home, call the BC Hydro Trouble line at 1-888-POWER ON (1-888-769-3766) or *HYDRO (*49376) from a cell phone, to report the problem. Visit the BC Hydro Lower Mainland Map View site for a possible power loss explanation. You will need to find a computer that has power or use a cell phone with internet access. This site is updated every few minutes so you should be provided with relatively current information.
2. Stay far away (at least 10 meters / 33 feet) from fallen or compromised power lines. Never try to remove ice, branches or downed trees from or near the power lines yourself. After power has been safely restored, hire a professional to remove any branches still spanning power lines on your property.
3. If the power loss is isolated to your home, check your electrical circuit panel as you may need to Reset a Tripped Breaker. This is where a Correctly Labeled Electrical Panel is helpful as it is important to quickly identify the correct breaker in the event of an emergency. Call us if we can help you with either of these tasks.
4. When the power is restored, regardless of the cause of the outage, a power surge may follow. Therefore, it is important to turn OFF or unplug all electronic appliances before the return of power, to prevent possible damage or injury should a surge occur. This step is not necessary if a whole home surge protector has already been installed directly on the electrical panel. Learn more about Power Surges and Surge Protection here.
5. If you are experiencing a partial power loss, a correctly sized extension cord may be used to keep essential appliances such as the freezer, refrigerator and sump pump working until the problem is repaired.
6. Take extreme caution if using a portable backup generator or an alternate heat or light source during a power outage. Although candles may provide a nostalgic touch, a flashlight is a much safer option. Follow the manufacturer's directions meticulously when using a portable backup generator, portable stove, barbecue or any other fuel burning equipment. This equipment should never be used indoors as it emits an odorless, invisible and deadly carbon monoxide gas. Furthermore, incorrect use of portable generators can create a back feed situation and thereby pose a serious safety risk to electrical crews working on damaged lines near your home.
March 7, 2014
Repairs & Upgrades: How Much Will They Cost?
Source, Bjorn Rygg, Pillar to Post
During the process of buying or selling a home, you often learn about recommended or required repairs and upgrades. This can happen as a result of the home inspection as well as your expert knowledge of your market and comparable homes. Of course, the first thing homeowners want to know is, "How much will that cost?"
Pillar to Post is pleased to offer our Residential Construction and Remodeling Estimates cost guide, which provides estimated cost ranges for repair and/or replacement of the major systems and components in a home. It also includes general guidelines for the life expectancies of those systems. This information can help you make informed decisions when they're considering home repairs or improvements, and is especially valued by homeowners before their property is listed. Below is just a sampling of our list of estimated costs for hundreds of repairs/upgrades.
March 7, 2014
New property listed in Willoughby Heights, Langley
Categories:Willoughby Heights, Langley Real Estate
I have listed a new property at 467 8328 207A ST in Langley.
Wake up Happy! This beautifully appointed A plan 2 BR plus den at Yorkson Creek features 4th floor corner location with large wrap deck, granite counters and vanity tops, stainless appliances including upgraded stove, maple cabinets, custom in suite storage, heated tile floor in bathrooms, island seating in kitchen, in suite laundry, energy efficient, A/C and also included, 2 secure parking spaces, 1 space is extra wide, individual secure storage, low maintenance fees. Pets and rentals permitted, this home also features a good low interest assumable mortgage. Call soon, this good buy will soon be good bye!
March 5, 2014
Fraser Valley market showing signs of spring
Source: Fraser Valley Board
SURREY, BC – The Fraser Valley Real Estate Board’s Multiple Listing Service® (MLS®) recorded 1,102 sales in February, an increase of 43 per cent over January’s sales and an increase of 21 per cent over the 913 sales during February of last year.
Ray Werger, President of the Board, says, “The last time we saw an improvement in the market this early in the year was two years ago when we ended up having a solid, steady market from February through to mid-summer. It’s too early to predict whether this year will be similar, but for now sales are up and the average number of days to sell a detached home is one week faster than it was in January.”
Werger adds, “Although sales have picked up, it’s important to mention that they’re still hovering about 10 per cent below our 10-year average and the increases in activity are specific to property type and location, so be sure to ask your REALTOR® how your home and neighbourhood compare.”
The Board posted 2,666 new listings last month, an increase of 3 per cent compared to the 2,582 posted during February of last year bringing the total number of active listings in February to 8,210 – 11 per cent more than were available in January and 8 per cent less than were available during February 2013.
Werger adds, “Generally, we’re finding for all property types if they’re priced right there is a buyer; however, demand for single family detached homes and townhomes is the most consistent with certain pockets in Langley, Abbotsford and North Delta that are thriving, which is why prices for detached homes in those areas are either on par or elevated compared to last year.
“Fraser Valley’s condo market, moderately busier in February, continues to favour buyers offering excellent opportunities due to higher levels of inventory and prices comparable to what they were eight years ago.”
In February, the benchmark price of single family detached homes in the Fraser Valley was $558,100, an increase of 3.2 per cent compared to $540,900 during the same month last year. For townhouses, the benchmark price was $298,900, an increase of 0.7 per cent compared to $296,700 in February 2013 and the benchmark price of apartments was $193,200, a decrease of 4.6 per cent compared to $202,500 in February 2013.
In February, it took on average 51 days to sell a detached home compared to 58 days in January. Townhomes took 55 days on average to sell compared to 60 days the month before and apartments spent an average of 70 days on the market in February compared to 86 days in January.
Find the February Statistics Package here.
Categories: Abbotsford East, Abbotsford Real Estate | Abbotsford West, Abbotsford Real Estate | Agassiz, Agassiz Real Estate | Aldergrove Langley, Langley Real Estate | Basements | Bathrooms | BCREA | Bear Creek Green Timbers, Surrey Real Estate | Bolivar Heights, North Surrey Real Estate | Brookswood Langley, Langley Real Estate | Buyers | Buying | Canyon Springs, Coquitlam Real Estate | Christmas | Clayton, Cloverdale Real Estate | Cleaning | Cloverdale BC, Cloverdale Real Estate | Community | Contests | Coquitlam East, Coquitlam Real Estate | De | declutter | Decor | Downtown NW, New Westminster Real Estate | East Newton, Surrey Real Estate | Energy | First Time Home Buyers | FitToSell | Fleetwood Tynehead, Surrey Real Estate | Fraser Valley News | Fraser Valley Real Estate Board | FVREB | Garages, Home Staging | Giveaways | Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board | Guest Blog | Guildford, North Surrey Real Estate | Hacks | Heating | Home | Home Improvment | Home Inspection | Home Organization | Home Organization, Tips | Home Owner | Home Owners | Home Renovations | Homeowners | Homes | Homes Staging | Homes, Outdoor | Just Listed | King George Corridor, South Surrey White Rock Real Estate | Kitchens | Langley | Langley City, Langley Real Estate | Langley Real Estate, Forest Green Estates | Listing | Listings | Maintenance | Market News | Mission BC, Mission Real Estate | MLS | Mold | Mortgage | Mortgages | Mortgages, Tips | Moving | Murrayville, Langley Real Estate | Open House | Organization | Otter District, Langley Real Estate | Panorama Ridge, Surrey Real Estate | Pets | pill | Pillar to Post | Pillar to Post, Guest Blog, Lighting | Pillar to Post, Guest Blog, Summer | Prevention | Rates | RE/MAX of Western Canada | Real Estate News | Realtors | Renovations | REW.ca | Safety | Salmon River, Langley Real Estate | Savings | Scottsdale, N. Delta Real Estate | Search for homes | Seasonal | Sellers | Selling | Selling, Tips, Open House | Seniors | Spring | SRES | Staging | Stati | Statistics | Statistics, FVREB | Sullivan Station, Surrey Real Estate | Summer | Surrey | Survey | Swimming Pools | Tip | Tips | Travel | Uncategorized | Video | Videos | Walnut Grove, Langley Real Estate | White Rock, South Surrey White Rock Real Estate | Willoughby Heights, Langley Real Estate | Winter | YouTube
Copyright Rosemary Papp 2013.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.