Posted in: Brookswood Langley, Langley Real Estate
I have sold a property at 56 2315 198 ST in Langley.
The price is right, no need to guess so act quickly on this 2 BR plus den home situated in park like setting on cul de sac in Deer Creek Estates! Features include cozy, bright living room with fireplace, kitchen with adjoining large eatingarea, den with access to covered sundeck, newly updated bathroom, separate storage and extra parking. Amenities include clubhouse & social activities. This community lifestyle is for those 45+ and 1 small pet, trails, shopping, pub and transit near, call soon or this good buy will soon be goodbye!
Mark Twain described spring fever, saying, "When you've got it, you want -- oh, you don't quite know what it is you do want, but it just fairly makes your heart ache, you want it so!" According to Realtor.com, spring is the perfect time to sell your home. Why not capitalize on Twain's spring fever symptom by feeding your buyers burning desire for something new?
Make the most of your annual spring cleaning by staging your home at the same time. Use spring's positive associations in your staging both inside and outside. When buyers feel the fullness of the season, your home will almost market itself. Here are some ways to let spring help you sell your home.
1. Quit "nesting" and freshen up. Winter causes people to create a cozy environment with throw blankets and other clutter than make a room feel snug and welcoming. Begin your spring staging with a good spring cleaning. Pack up the comfy clutter to give your home a clean, fresh appeal. Pay special attention to windows. When the sunshine streams through sparkling windows, your home is filled with optimism.
2. Use colour to your advantage. Yellow and red both create an urge to purchase. According to Entrepreneur, yellow is the first color our eyes can perceive. A small, yellow display in a boutique can sometimes cause us to stop in our tracks and stare at it. Why not make the most of this phenomenon by bringing spring inside? Transplant some daffodils in a pot and place them strategically near one of your home's most attractive features. For a red accent, try tulips. Bringing nature inside and using colour to your advantage is a great way to inspire buyers.
3. Ready your closets for spring. Removing winter clothes from your closet may seem impractical as you face a season known for wild temperature swings. However, you should box up your dark, winter wear and make your closets sing about spring with plenty of room and pretty pastels hanging in a row. Keep your closets no more than half full and remove everything from the floor. Your staged closets may even cause you to catch spring fever too.
4. Change the scent. In the fall and winter, you may have baked cookies or used a cinnamon scent to create a welcoming environment. However, in the spring, clean, fresh scents become alluring. Use fragrances that mimic beach scents, citrus scents, or light floral scents. For even more impact, keep fresh flowers in each room.
5. Capitalize on potted plants. Since your yard is probably still only beginning to wake from its winter sleep, use potted plants to add life. First, remove all traces of dead foliage and any piles of leaves. Next, arrange several pots together, making sure to vary their heights. Place a grouping of pots by the back door, the front door, on patio corners, and even at logical points in the yard. Annuals, like petunias and impatiens, are inexpensive and readily available at big box stores before customers even remove their winter coats.
6. Add a splash of calming colour. Replace your checked flannel throw blanket with pastel pillows. Replicate your chosen pastel with candles and a figurine or two. Add some pastel towels to your bathrooms. Great seasonal colours include coral, sea-foam green, soft yellow, and robin's-egg blue. Use just enough colour to suggest spring without overpowering your buyer.
While you are busy spring cleaning, take a moment to make your home feel more that just clean. A few extra touches can create the feeling that spring has moved indoors. Spring brings with it the promise of lazy summer days and warm summer evenings. If Mark Twain's assessment of spring fever is correct, when buyers sense that optimism, an offer is sure to follow.
Posted in: Brookswood Langley, Langley Real Estate
I have listed a new property at 75 20071 24TH AVE in Langley.
Right size at the right price! This sharply priced 2 BR home features recent updates that includes roof, ceilings, insulation, hardwood floors & mouldings, warm paint pallette and more! Step saver kitchen is adjacent to separate dining area; bright, open living area offers room to entertain, hobby room has access to covered deck, full size laundry tucked into bathroom, king size mbdrm with good closet space and 2nd BR or den. This community is for those 55+ and no pets, amenities include outdoor pool for summer living, mature landscaping and shaded lots. Area amenities include grocery, pizza, coffee shop and a great pub. Call soon or this good buy will soon be good bye!
Posted in: Mission BC, Mission Real Estate
I have sold a property at 15 32849 EGGLESTONE AVE in Mission.
Builder big on quality! This one owner beautifully maintained home features corner location; open concept plan with high ceilings, crown mouldings, hardwood floors, inset tile design and rock face fireplace are just a few of the timeless finishing touches! The welcoming entry leads to kitchen, dining and great room which allows ease of social gatherings, off set fireplace, French door opens to extended patio and side yard area, interior door to double garage with access to large heated storage and crawl space. Upper floor features roomy bedrooms, master has spacious walk in closet and ensuite with double shower. Amenities include clubhouse, visitor and RV parking, close to schools and transit. This good buy will soon be good bye!
Source: Fraser Valley Real Estate Board
SURREY, BC – In February, sales of all property types in the Fraser Valley increased by 21 per cent in one year with demand for two property types in particular - single family detached homes and townhomes - outpacing supply.
Last month, the Fraser Valley Real Estate Board processed 1,337 sales on the Multiple Listing Service® compared to 1,102 sales in February of last year. New listings in February totaled 2,610 which added up to 7,864 active listings, up from January’s 7,307 but a decrease of 4 per cent compared to February 2014’s 8,210 active listings.
“It was our busiest February since 2007,” says newly elected Board President Jorda Maisey. “In my community of Langley, the average number of days to sell a detached home is now less than one month and it’s a challenge finding the right product for some of our buyers, however every area is different. To understand the market for your home in your neighbourhood, talk to your REALTOR®.”
A measurement the real estate industry relies on to gauge the health of the housing market is the ratio between sales and active listings. For the Lower Mainland, the balanced range is between 12 and 20 per cent; which means when it’s less than 12 it favours buyers and greater than 20 it favours sellers. The ratio in February for single family detached homes was 26 per cent; townhomes 22 per cent and apartments 12 per cent.
Maisey adds, “Our best seller in the Fraser Valley remains the single family detached home, followed by townhomes in part because almost half our buyers are families with children, but also because these products are so much more affordable in the Fraser Valley. With a typical townhome costing less than $300,000 and interest rates so low, many first-time buyers are finding they can get more for their money here.”
The MLS® HPI benchmark price of a Fraser Valley single family detached home in February was $581,400, an increase of 4.2 per cent compared to February 2014 when it was $558,100.
In February, the benchmark price of townhouses was $297,200, a decrease of 0.6 per cent compared to $298,900 in February 2014. The benchmark price of apartments also decreased year-over-year by 1.8 per cent, going from $193,200 in February 2014 to $189,700 in February 2015.
Across Fraser Valley, the average number of days to sell a single family detached home in February was 41 days, ten days faster than last year. Townhouses on average took 55 days to sell; one day faster than last February, while Fraser Valley apartments sold on average in 70 days, on par with February 2014.
Find the February Statistics Package here.
Categories: Abbotsford East, Abbotsford Real Estate | Abbotsford West, Abbotsford Real Estate | Agassiz, Agassiz Real Estate | Aldergrove Langley, Langley Real Estate | Basements | Bathrooms | BCREA | Bear Creek Green Timbers, Surrey Real Estate | Bolivar Heights, North Surrey Real Estate | Brookswood Langley, Langley Real Estate | Buyers | Buying | Canyon Springs, Coquitlam Real Estate | Christmas | Clayton, Cloverdale Real Estate | Cleaning | Cloverdale BC, Cloverdale Real Estate | Community | Contests | Coquitlam East, Coquitlam Real Estate | De | declutter | Decor | Downtown NW, New Westminster Real Estate | Earth Day | East Newton, Surrey Real Estate | Energy | First Time Home Buyers | FitToSell | Fleetwood Tynehead, Surrey Real Estate | Fraser Valley News | Fraser Valley Real Estate Board | FVREB | Garages, Home Staging | Giveaways | Greater Vancouver Real Estate Board | Guest Blog | Guildford, North Surrey Real Estate | Hacks | Heating | Home | Home Buyers | Home Improvment | Home Inspection | Home Organization | Home Organization, Tips | Home Owner | Home Owners | Home Renovations | Home Sellers | Homeowners | Homes | Homes Staging | Homes, Outdoor | Just Listed | King George Corridor, South Surrey White Rock Real Estate | Kitchens | Langley | Langley City, Langley Real Estate | Langley Real Estate, Forest Green Estates | Listing | Listings | Maintenance | Market News | Mission BC, Mission Real Estate | MLS | Mold | Mortgage | Mortgages | Mortgages, Tips | Moving | Murrayville, Langley Real Estate | Offers | Open House | Organization | Otter District, Langley Real Estate | Panorama Ridge, Surrey Real Estate | Pets | pill | Pillar to Post | Pillar to Post, Guest Blog, Lighting | Pillar to Post, Guest Blog, Summer | Prevention | Rates | RE/MAX of Western Canada | Real Estate News | Realtors | REMAX | Renovations | REW.ca | Safety | Salmon River, Langley Real Estate | Savings | Scottsdale, N. Delta Real Estate | Search for homes | Seasonal | Sellers | Selling | Selling, Tips, Open House | Seniors | Spring | SRES | Staging | Stati | Statistics | Statistics, FVREB | Sullivan Station, Surrey Real Estate | Summer | Surrey | Survey | Swimming Pools | Tip | Tips | Travel | Uncategorized | Video | Videos | Walnut Grove, Langley Real Estate | White Rock, South Surrey White Rock Real Estate | Willoughby Heights, Langley Real Estate | Winter | YouTube
Copyright Rosemary Papp 2013.
The trademarks REALTOR®, REALTORS® and the REALTOR® logo are controlled by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA. The trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by CREA and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.