Thanks to Vivian Hatiras, Mobile Mortgage Specialist who offers the following guidelines for thinking and learning about mortgages.
”I help my clients to build a complete financial plan for their lending needs. Whether they are purchasing or building a home, refinancing the existing mortgage, consolidating debt or transferring from another financial institution, I educate my clients from the preapproval stage to well after the closing date; giving them the tools they need to reach their financial goals.
I can help you balance life with managing your mortgage. Whether you’re renewing or refinancing your mortgage or just starting out, there are many ways I can help you save money and find balance when it comes to your mortgage and your lifestyle needs.
Here are 5 Consumer Tips:
- Know what you can afford before you fall in love.
- Save a lot of money later by spending a little of it now. Consider making a larger down payment on your home purchase. A larger down payment will also reduce the cost of mortgage loan insurance, which is required if your down payment is less than 20%. Another easy way to save money is by making accelerated weekly or bi-weekly mortgage payments, instead of monthly ones.
- Get the mortgage that’s right for you. If you worry about changing interest rates and the potential impact on the exact amount you will pay each month, look at a longer-term fixed-rate mortgage. If you are comfortable with fluctuating interest rates and knowing your payments could change depending on what happens with interest rates, then a variable interest rate mortgage might work for you.
- Remember to save for additional costs. Many new homeowners are surprised when they discover that the purchase price and mortgage payments are not the only costs associated with owning a home. Make sure you have an adequate financial buffer to cover the one-time costs required to complete your home purchase. I can help you with an itemized list.
- Buying your first home? Learn the basics, calculate costs and get comfortable with all the details you need to know before you purchase.
Being a Mobile Mortgage Specialist I’m available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to meet with you to suit your schedule, call me today at 604.868.0415.” -Vivian